Welcome to my world.
He is a professional photographer and photo illustrator. If you wish to work with him in this capacity, please contact him directly. Please note that some of his work deals with mature themes, and is therefore NSFW.
Hugh Casey is a writer, photographer, actor, filmmaker, convention promotor, financial services specialist, geek, fan, and all-around know-it-all. He tries to live by the quote by Sir Arthur C. Clarke, "Specialization is for insects."
Hugh currently lives in the Philadelphia, PA area.
Hugh is also the founder of "Parents Basement Productions", a small production company located in the Philadelphia area. He has produced, directed, written, and performed in two short films: "Teddy's Big Escape", and "Young Geeks In Love". Both can currently be seen on YouTube.com.
If you are interested in obtaining Hugh's services as an actor, then you should visit his online acting resume.
Hugh has been a long-time fan of the science fiction, fantasy, and horror genres, and has been active in organized fandom for many years. He is a member of the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society (PSFS), and served as the Society's president and vice-president, as well as a member of it's board of directors. He was also the chairman of the Society's annual conference, PHILCON, in 2003, and it's vice-chairman in 2002. He served as a committee member for the conference in other years. He also attends, and regularly is a panelist at, many SF conventions, such as Arisia, Balticon, and many others. In 2010 he was the "Guest of Awesome" at Pi-Con, in Enfield, CT. He is currently the Director of Programming for Philcon 2011. He is also the director of Dorian's Parlor, a regular steampunk music and fashion event in Philadelphia, and a director for Storykeeper Events, an event company in Philly. Hugh is available for event management services related to conventions and conferences. He is also available as a speaker on matters of interest to fandom, including SF, fantasy, horror, futurism, writing, and lifestyle issues. If you would like to engage his services as a speaker or event manager, please contact him for more details.
Hugh has worked as a financial professional with a number of large investment companies. He has held several financial licenses, and obtained a Certified IRA Services Professional (CISP) in 2009. This does not mean that he will give you financial advice, however.
If you would like to know more about Hugh, then check out his extended bio. Or, you can read his blog. You can find it right below this introduction, which makes things awfully convenient.
Please note, the views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of any employer, business, or organization through which the Internet was accessed in posting here.
- Wed, 14:04: More cool stuff at the HughCon auction! https://t.co/BtDjEMaY85
- Wed, 20:00: RIP, Ms. Moore. 😔 https://t.co/2ZHqPDTcQQ
- Thu, 09:41: Memory from a year ago, when I'd grossly underestimated how long my recovery from cancer would take. I figured... https://t.co/TGQ53OqmNK
- Thu, 10:28: Ok, so who am I seeing there on Sunday? COUNT OFF! 😎🖖🏻 https://t.co/HQpbB7d3Py
- Thu, 10:37: This pic gets me every time. Them boys cleaned up good. https://t.co/Tc1LTppkVS
- Tue, 12:20: I find myself pining for the days when our biggest argument on the internet was whether that damned dress was... https://t.co/yamRqiG4lV
- Tue, 15:37: More HughCon news! https://t.co/9Ua1rW6KfH
- Tue, 17:35: Are you in need of an #alternativefact? Well, Hugo Award nominated erotic author Chuck Tingle (I'm never gonna... https://t.co/VwmncOZCU8
- Tue, 19:34: The lawsuit by CBS/Paramount over the fan film AXANAR has been settled. AXANAR will be completed and made... https://t.co/L542j8oP88
- Wed, 09:42: https://t.co/2TWdnirrPx
- Sun, 19:48: Today is the 40th anniversary of the first airing of Episode 4 of the classic Doctor Who story "The Face of... https://t.co/Rtfyp6R2fN
- Sun, 22:10: Aaaaaaaand there we go! A bill introduced to define human life as beginning at fertilization. Did anyone not... https://t.co/u0TLDGF7Ta
- Mon, 11:15: And Episode VIII now has its official title... 👽 https://t.co/JdKIABJ1Rb
- Mon, 11:54: More HughCon news! https://t.co/OsNMOQ9Odo
- Sat, 12:19: One of the items up for auction at HughCon.. the original, 1984 edition of the game Conquest of Empire, unopened!... https://t.co/96F1TlkI5a
- Sat, 12:26: Little jerboas! They look like how Frank Herbert described the muad'dib in Dune! https://t.co/77wDqDcUVj
- Sat, 12:59: I have very good and dear friends who are marching today in DC, Philly, and Atlanta (and probably other places,... https://t.co/IMSeAJnISY
- Sat, 19:23: Honestly, I have no reason to doubt Robert Reich... he's too smart to tell a story like this that could easily be... https://t.co/7BUVpBOVfn
- Sat, 22:22: This is hilarious... and in the end, pretty awesome. 👍🏻 https://t.co/65QvlsGXBS
- Sat, 22:24: Sir Ian's sign that he carried at the march today... featuring a guest appearance by Sir Patrick! 😄✊🏻 https://t.co/AEhCUbkB0f
- Sun, 00:29: For those not familiar, The Asylum is a film studio best known for making "mockbusters", or direct to video... https://t.co/slhWSsuxwI
- Sun, 03:23: Waiting to see who gets it... 😁🎶 https://t.co/hvKWyMFpbQ
- Sun, 09:45: Those jingoistic motherf*ckers... 😡 A bill to remove us from the UN. Seriously... https://t.co/270ZbCbzwB
- Thu, 12:03: One of the items that will be offered in our silent auction at HughCon! https://t.co/SrPIlI1lcz
- Fri, 05:47: Thank you for everything, good sirs. You have done your best, which is all that anyone can do. I look forward... https://t.co/ZzwfeXpwXq
- Fri, 07:56: I, for one, WELCOME our new alien overlords... because they GOTTA be better than what we're getting! :-\ https://t.co/YRwStyQ9vD
- Fri, 08:19: Today is indeed a great day! A historic day! A day that will go down in HISTORY! Today I will be getting my... https://t.co/olPdaaP5VF
- Wed, 00:12: Donald Trump IS BP Richfield from the TV show DINOSAURS! 😳 https://t.co/md5CogkLfZ
- Wed, 03:04: My God... that explains EVERYTHING! 😳👨🏼🔬☢️ https://t.co/cYCLuDNeSA
- Wed, 10:51: Neil Clarke, editor/publisher of Clarkesworld, is a friend of mine. And he's known Stephanie for YEARS! He's a... https://t.co/wysUKZVyiM
- Wed, 11:46: So, check out the vendors who are going to be at HughCon below! And remember... even if you can't be there, if... https://t.co/S05jQU7w07
- Fri, 12:13: I'm pretty sure that this is the first big celeb death of 2017. Here's hoping we don't have a lot more, celeb or... https://t.co/TNTUsfUCas
- Fri, 13:05: Just a few things about HughCon, a benefit for me that some friends have organized: - All proceeds from the event... https://t.co/gboGweb4Hx
- Sat, 03:12: Because I got asked (no, really)... No, sadly, Steph and I are NOT attending Arisia in Boston this weekend. We... https://t.co/oty76OQ2MU
- Sat, 10:59: Yes. Yes he is. https://t.co/lrK4Sms9O0
- Fri, 09:30: https://t.co/R0R8SPduiF
- Fri, 10:01: It's Friday the 13th! Make sure to celebrate by going out there and slaughtering some Knights Templar! (History... https://t.co/VxhBG8e6VF
- Fri, 10:07: Still one of the best ways to do an effect... and a whole hella lot cheaper than CGI... 🎥 https://t.co/sCJKmNrQSC
- Fri, 10:11: Friggatriskaidekaphobia: the fear of Friday the 13th. And that is your vocabulary lesson for today. ☠️
- Fri, 10:46: Absolutely nothing happened in Sector 83 by 9 by 12 today. I repeat, nothing happened in Sector 83 by 9 by 12. That is all. 🤓
- Tue, 00:03: Before cleanup, and after. As I've not been well, it's been *mumble, mumble* days since I really took care of my... https://t.co/s7Zg7XyPxu
- Tue, 03:40: First belly-up retailer of 2017. The Sears deathwatch is still ongoing... https://t.co/PJ0cs4DSz1
- Tue, 03:53: Ever since I was a young child, going to Catholic school and having an interest in the paranormal and macabre, my... https://t.co/r2D2XfoF35
- Sun, 23:23: For all of my friends who struggle with their weight and/or waistline... the magnificent Bette Midler on Carson... https://t.co/V5Bjmrww4n
- Sun, 23:31: An oldie, but a goodie. If you've not seen it before, or even if you think you have, just watch. Then wait... 😁 https://t.co/x0qCb6KIKo
- Sun, 23:42: I had NO idea that the cast was THIS freaking incredible. Not only Watson, but Luke Evans as Gaston, Kevin Kline... https://t.co/FwYnrI9oMu
- Sun, 23:45: Anubis knows... she's the Bast! 😳 Um, I'll just show myself out. 😁 https://t.co/qqlfjxGTHs
- Mon, 00:18: If you have not seen the video of Meryl Streep's speech at the Golden Globes, do so. She is amazing, and I... https://t.co/pPKnfBr4VH
- Mon, 01:33: You! You kids! Get outta my yard! And go inside and learn some '80's music! The greatest decade of music... https://t.co/uT5vTFtwrK
- Sat, 23:10: OMG! Quick! SOMEBODY get me an Irritable Bowel Plushie! 😃💩 https://t.co/fVp4ijYyUM
- Sun, 01:46: Mark Hamill reads Trump's New Years tweet... in the voice of the Joker! My God, it all makes sense now!... https://t.co/ktvLYrv49F
- Sun, 03:24: I used to rule the world Seas would rise when I gave the word Now in the morning I sleep alone Sweep the streets... https://t.co/KvQNWEKZ8q
- Sun, 10:19: Jim Wright talks about precision in language, information warfare, and why Russia did not "hack" the election...... https://t.co/MGWGl3MVqy