Welcome to my world.
He is a professional photographer and photo illustrator. If you wish to work with him in this capacity, please contact him directly. Please note that some of his work deals with mature themes, and is therefore NSFW.
Hugh Casey is a writer, photographer, actor, filmmaker, convention promotor, financial services specialist, geek, fan, and all-around know-it-all. He tries to live by the quote by Sir Arthur C. Clarke, "Specialization is for insects."
Hugh currently lives in the Philadelphia, PA area.
Hugh is also the founder of "Parents Basement Productions", a small production company located in the Philadelphia area. He has produced, directed, written, and performed in two short films: "Teddy's Big Escape", and "Young Geeks In Love". Both can currently be seen on YouTube.com.
If you are interested in obtaining Hugh's services as an actor, then you should visit his online acting resume.
Hugh has been a long-time fan of the science fiction, fantasy, and horror genres, and has been active in organized fandom for many years. He is a member of the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society (PSFS), and served as the Society's president and vice-president, as well as a member of it's board of directors. He was also the chairman of the Society's annual conference, PHILCON, in 2003, and it's vice-chairman in 2002. He served as a committee member for the conference in other years. He also attends, and regularly is a panelist at, many SF conventions, such as Arisia, Balticon, and many others. In 2010 he was the "Guest of Awesome" at Pi-Con, in Enfield, CT. He is currently the Director of Programming for Philcon 2011. He is also the director of Dorian's Parlor, a regular steampunk music and fashion event in Philadelphia, and a director for Storykeeper Events, an event company in Philly. Hugh is available for event management services related to conventions and conferences. He is also available as a speaker on matters of interest to fandom, including SF, fantasy, horror, futurism, writing, and lifestyle issues. If you would like to engage his services as a speaker or event manager, please contact him for more details.
Hugh has worked as a financial professional with a number of large investment companies. He has held several financial licenses, and obtained a Certified IRA Services Professional (CISP) in 2009. This does not mean that he will give you financial advice, however.
If you would like to know more about Hugh, then check out his extended bio. Or, you can read his blog. You can find it right below this introduction, which makes things awfully convenient.
Please note, the views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of any employer, business, or organization through which the Internet was accessed in posting here.
- Sun, 18:57: Just a lovely reminder... https://t.co/cZEwpYTB92
- Sun, 20:53: Were there shenanigans and amazing things that happened tonight, and crazy ideas considered? Why, of COURSE!... https://t.co/2EoRb3lrd4
- Mon, 09:08: IMNSHO (In My Not So Humble Opinion)... First, the TL;DR... Please don't go insulting people due to their faith,... https://t.co/SePCcWZBQG
- Mon, 12:17: Holy Carp. And this is on Hollywood Reporter, not some crappy blog post. It may still fall through, but it's... https://t.co/gla7ZcK8D4
- Mon, 12:29: My friend Catherine Asaro, who is a wonderful, award winning SF author, also has the important job (maybe even... https://t.co/kYZ27T30qT
- Mon, 14:11: All dressed up to head out to see the surgeon at UPenn. Hopefully he'll be able to tell me when the shirt will... https://t.co/dudemseJgx
- Mon, 17:11: It's after 5pm. I'm still waiting but n the doctor to start my appointment. It was scheduled for 3:30pm. This... https://t.co/e7vGiBTbb8
- Mon, 20:32: Good news from the surgeon today! I'll post a written update tomorrow for those who don't like watching videos,... https://t.co/AGFDwnI0oq
- Sun, 12:07: Had a pretty good 4th Doctor Who (The Tom Baker one) costume last night, but unfortunately I didn't get any pics... https://t.co/xy4Dj0xzA7
- Mon, 08:11: Who the heck are all of you people sending me friend requests this weekend? (Seriously, the vast majority of you... https://t.co/Dn2cAZtTyd
- Mon, 11:27: Update video for 11/2/2015! Doctor appt. this afternoon, how Halloween went, and I have a stuffy nose... 🙃 https://t.co/D9Ka4NAC02
- Mon, 11:33: I was not a fan of all of his politics (although he was better than many GOP candidates in 2007-08... we won't... https://t.co/0xSbUuPmdW
- Sat, 09:37: From ghoulies and ghosties And long-leggedy beasties And things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us! 🕸☠⚰
- Sat, 09:41: Not at ALL sure what my Halloween costume will be tonight... I mean, it's not like I don't have several sitting around... ⚰☠
- Sat, 09:43: Awesome woodcut by Escher... https://t.co/daecaViiz7
- Thu, 15:32: Business hasn't been as good as they needed it to be, and sadly, they will be closing this weekend. :-( https://t.co/DUuATBRrMj
- Thu, 17:14: More info on the closing of Guild Hall Brewing Company. I cannot express just how sad I am about this. :-( https://t.co/EkF3N7v3F5
- Fri, 10:13: "Fozzie is not good at taking social cues; he doesn’t read a room well and he tends to monologue and perseverate... https://t.co/d5Hp46yecH
- Wed, 06:46: Happy Birthday to Rock Robertson and Patricia M. Cryan! I hope you both have a great day! :-)
- Wed, 06:52: Yesterday was the 333rd anniversary of the founding of Philadelphia! Happy Birthday, you awesome city you! :-)
- Wed, 08:44: Here's the most current medical update. Not that cohesive, but I'm tired and a little out of it, so I'll ask... https://t.co/FafGfW9WGx
- Fri, 10:15: Take a page from these fine gentlemen's book, and have a great Friday and a fantastic weekend! 🏻 https://t.co/UJlCj3ITSx
- Fri, 10:17: The happiest kitty ever! https://t.co/GSPZ98oyKf
- Fri, 10:28: Med update later, but here's how I'm looking this morning. This afternoon, we head over to the lab and get my... https://t.co/P822NT8MOj
- Fri, 10:33: Ok, I'm a bit more interested now... https://t.co/I2gmAKrAS0
- Fri, 11:50: Check out the enlarged version of the map... it uses inks in blue, green, and black, showing how Tolkien made... https://t.co/G894oVpaNc
- Fri, 11:57: This makes me sad, but she had a good run. At 34 years, she was the oldest Polar Bear in the country. Her... https://t.co/pf1GJrOEaV