Welcome to my world.
He is a professional photographer and photo illustrator. If you wish to work with him in this capacity, please contact him directly. Please note that some of his work deals with mature themes, and is therefore NSFW.
Hugh Casey is a writer, photographer, actor, filmmaker, convention promotor, financial services specialist, geek, fan, and all-around know-it-all. He tries to live by the quote by Sir Arthur C. Clarke, "Specialization is for insects."
Hugh currently lives in the Philadelphia, PA area.
Hugh is also the founder of "Parents Basement Productions", a small production company located in the Philadelphia area. He has produced, directed, written, and performed in two short films: "Teddy's Big Escape", and "Young Geeks In Love". Both can currently be seen on YouTube.com.
If you are interested in obtaining Hugh's services as an actor, then you should visit his online acting resume.
Hugh has been a long-time fan of the science fiction, fantasy, and horror genres, and has been active in organized fandom for many years. He is a member of the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society (PSFS), and served as the Society's president and vice-president, as well as a member of it's board of directors. He was also the chairman of the Society's annual conference, PHILCON, in 2003, and it's vice-chairman in 2002. He served as a committee member for the conference in other years. He also attends, and regularly is a panelist at, many SF conventions, such as Arisia, Balticon, and many others. In 2010 he was the "Guest of Awesome" at Pi-Con, in Enfield, CT. He is currently the Director of Programming for Philcon 2011. He is also the director of Dorian's Parlor, a regular steampunk music and fashion event in Philadelphia, and a director for Storykeeper Events, an event company in Philly. Hugh is available for event management services related to conventions and conferences. He is also available as a speaker on matters of interest to fandom, including SF, fantasy, horror, futurism, writing, and lifestyle issues. If you would like to engage his services as a speaker or event manager, please contact him for more details.
Hugh has worked as a financial professional with a number of large investment companies. He has held several financial licenses, and obtained a Certified IRA Services Professional (CISP) in 2009. This does not mean that he will give you financial advice, however.
If you would like to know more about Hugh, then check out his extended bio. Or, you can read his blog. You can find it right below this introduction, which makes things awfully convenient.
Please note, the views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of any employer, business, or organization through which the Internet was accessed in posting here.
- Sat, 06:50: "We are stardust, we are golden, We are billion-year old carbon, And we've got to get ourselves back to the garden."
- Sat, 08:00: Jim Wright watched and read through the transcript of the President's press conference, so you don't have to. (I... https://t.co/ku70Jy4vZl
- Sat, 08:56: YAAAAAAAAY, RACY-BRAIN! "We are stardust, we are golden..." 🎶 "I'm heading straight for the castle..." 🎶 "And he... https://t.co/CISC8gYzYb
- Sat, 10:12: The movie GODS OF EGYPT is awful. It does, however, have some lovely visuals, so it's very pretty. Does that make it pretty awful?
- Fri, 08:13: My friend Mae posted this question, and now I'm stealing it. Because it's awesome. What would a collective noun... https://t.co/HUUA9nsKRK
- Fri, 09:13: https://t.co/ejNygcDaUg
- Fri, 09:22: Just say "Got it" if you see it. Don't ruin it for others. If no one gets it, I'll post a clue later... 😁 https://t.co/eoL9B6dYHp
- Wed, 22:22: Awesome! https://t.co/XE85PG9Zph
- Thu, 10:55: Today's moment of pretty is brought to you by my friend Niishie. Yes, she dresses like this a lot. Just because.... https://t.co/lCqOPg8sBo
- Thu, 11:34: She seems to be confusing "monogamy" and "marriage". At the same time, anybody wanna fly out to LA with me and be... https://t.co/0sjAgy3PSI
- Thu, 11:40: They performed at HughCon, and they were awesome! They also used to perform regularly at Dorian's Parlor, and... https://t.co/CzRd3jkGvE
- Wed, 23:15: Everyone in the PA-NJ-DE area, be safe tomorrow. <3 https://t.co/lKbYOfrwR2
- Thu, 01:07: One of my favorite scenes in Babylon 5. Everyone who thought that Vir was just a nice and somewhat goofy guy got... https://t.co/4rfhDjlz81
- Thu, 09:43: Yep... I think I'm going, and letting my geek flag fly high! One of my Captains will be there! 🤓 https://t.co/0FCPS9UFIG
- Thu, 09:53: Unless it's a paper on Shakespeare. Then you say, "One shiteth not at thee!" 😋🎭 https://t.co/s00wb0YTs5
- Tue, 12:51: Congress... the opposite of Progress. 🙄 I just hope the next Sec of Ed can undo the damage wrought by this one...... https://t.co/8K8r4COKmc
- Tue, 19:01: RIP Capt. Apollo and Tom Zarek. Confirmed by TMZ, New York Daily News, and Tweets by Ron Moore and Edward James... https://t.co/fwMT3aCjhG
- Wed, 07:58: "When truth is replaced by silence, the silence is a lie." - Yevgeny Yevtushenko, Soviet Dissident. Persist.... https://t.co/EwWhqvokcF
- Wed, 10:13: This just keeps getting better and better. They censured Sen. Warren for reading this letter, but allowed Sen.... https://t.co/jUlD3Fp4AL
- Thu, 01:44: Does anyone in SEPA know of an opening for a paralegal? NOT a legal secretary, but an actual paralegal position?... https://t.co/41M6cADSTm
- Thu, 07:54: https://t.co/dCmHIyBP6z
- Thu, 08:32: https://t.co/IxvyvBrSt7
- Thu, 08:50: Ever get the feeling you're just doing the same thing over and over again...? https://t.co/hCjfH0lVBu
- Thu, 10:07: Don't drive angry! https://t.co/OOD6N53qeT
- Tue, 12:54: Right down the street from me! :-) https://t.co/NKfdoiL1VZ
- Tue, 22:10: The new TREK series began production today. https://t.co/T43TVb5rxU
- Wed, 04:27: Methought I heard a voice cry, “Sleep no more! Macbeth does murder sleep”—the innocent sleep, Sleep that knits up... https://t.co/Oz8vSXc3ir
- Wed, 11:16: It makes me happy that these guys are still friends, and hang out together. 👍🏻 https://t.co/rgfZu5TZ0m
- Mon, 22:53: What do you get when a bunch of special snowflakes get together? A blizzard, or an avalanche. Don't f*ck with... https://t.co/VWGdejw2IJ
- Mon, 22:59: Man, the WH was just a big ol' soap opera today, wasn't it? :-\
- Mon, 23:34: Via awesome writer, and former member of the US Coast Guard, Myke Cole. I think this carries more than a little... https://t.co/7RZL5x7Zlo
- Tue, 02:15: Via Steven Archer... https://t.co/r945KiNNug
- Tue, 03:41: Via Raven Stormbringer: New from Aaron Sorkin: The Worst Wing! 🙄
- Tue, 10:14: I was told I needed to repost this. Well, here you go! 👍🏻 https://t.co/CYydqjQLDr
- Fri, 17:03: More HughCon auction news! https://t.co/8fM2zDHwUE
- Fri, 20:45: SULU:(delirious, swinging a sword, grabs Uhura) "I'll save you, fair maiden!" UHURA: "Sorry, neither!" I love this episode! 👽🖖🏻
- Fri, 21:04: Well, crap. 😔 https://t.co/onwXbS4uKl
- Sat, 04:48: OK, via David Gerrold... what scene from what movie still disturbs or terrifies you? For me, it's the film... https://t.co/S8iMyx48UR
- Sat, 09:42: This sort of fuckery must not stand! 😡 https://t.co/Y9Ab8dU7Vr
- Sat, 10:00: I don't normally share these things, but, well... it's Steph. ❤
- Sat, 10:27: After Norman Rockwell... https://t.co/KqnOs8YGJt