Welcome to my world.
He is a professional photographer and photo illustrator. If you wish to work with him in this capacity, please contact him directly. Please note that some of his work deals with mature themes, and is therefore NSFW.
Hugh Casey is a writer, photographer, actor, filmmaker, convention promotor, financial services specialist, geek, fan, and all-around know-it-all. He tries to live by the quote by Sir Arthur C. Clarke, "Specialization is for insects."
Hugh currently lives in the Philadelphia, PA area.
Hugh is also the founder of "Parents Basement Productions", a small production company located in the Philadelphia area. He has produced, directed, written, and performed in two short films: "Teddy's Big Escape", and "Young Geeks In Love". Both can currently be seen on YouTube.com.
If you are interested in obtaining Hugh's services as an actor, then you should visit his online acting resume.
Hugh has been a long-time fan of the science fiction, fantasy, and horror genres, and has been active in organized fandom for many years. He is a member of the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society (PSFS), and served as the Society's president and vice-president, as well as a member of it's board of directors. He was also the chairman of the Society's annual conference, PHILCON, in 2003, and it's vice-chairman in 2002. He served as a committee member for the conference in other years. He also attends, and regularly is a panelist at, many SF conventions, such as Arisia, Balticon, and many others. In 2010 he was the "Guest of Awesome" at Pi-Con, in Enfield, CT. He is currently the Director of Programming for Philcon 2011. He is also the director of Dorian's Parlor, a regular steampunk music and fashion event in Philadelphia, and a director for Storykeeper Events, an event company in Philly. Hugh is available for event management services related to conventions and conferences. He is also available as a speaker on matters of interest to fandom, including SF, fantasy, horror, futurism, writing, and lifestyle issues. If you would like to engage his services as a speaker or event manager, please contact him for more details.
Hugh has worked as a financial professional with a number of large investment companies. He has held several financial licenses, and obtained a Certified IRA Services Professional (CISP) in 2009. This does not mean that he will give you financial advice, however.
If you would like to know more about Hugh, then check out his extended bio. Or, you can read his blog. You can find it right below this introduction, which makes things awfully convenient.
Please note, the views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of any employer, business, or organization through which the Internet was accessed in posting here.
- Thu, 01:17: Via my cuz Jennifer Spadaro. Because who CAN'T love scrapple!? (And, if you don't, I'd rather not have you tell... https://t.co/GpUuQnNykQ
- Thu, 10:09: Happy Capt. Picard Day! Go celebrate by ramming you ship into a superstring filament or quantum singularity or... https://t.co/87iZguuZDJ
- Wed, 15:58: Just watched this past weekend's "Game of Thrones". Holy... Crap! This may well be the best season of the show... https://t.co/W7JH28rODG
- Wed, 16:36: This wonderful, lovely lady is a really dear friend of mine, and she's now at about the point where I was just a... https://t.co/DDsvFKJMXE
- Sun, 09:35: Congrats to all the Nebula award winners and nominees, esp. Fran Wilde and Lawrence M. Schoen! https://t.co/Xxgd0X8tUo
- Sun, 10:20: I posted a new video to Facebook https://t.co/SiqqGUgJRi
- Sun, 22:44: I have lived another day! Invictus! 🏻
- Sun, 23:07: Get ready for the feels, man. I have this still, every day of my life. Too many good people gone, but so many... https://t.co/U4NZp1cCNK
- Mon, 21:48: Please note... NOT Gil Cnaan! https://t.co/HZBwq50mJB
- Tue, 00:22: I would absolutely LOVE to go to Balticon 50 over Memorial Day weekend, but I can't afford to. I miss cons.... https://t.co/hvUDbqrec5
- Tue, 17:04: Goddamn is right...! https://t.co/OMHHigV11H
- Tue, 17:38: So, Jack Emmert... :-) https://t.co/oqHvMObTq7
- Tue, 04:42: I have been awake since 3:00am. Why can't I go to sleep?
- Tue, 04:52: I recently hurt myself sitting down... 🙄 https://t.co/oYgg56wD2j
- Tue, 05:03: IMPORTANT! Make sure to vote for the delegates pledged to your candidate in PA, or it won't really help your... https://t.co/zZ1vPwOVjZ
- Tue, 12:25: Done mah civic duty! — voting
- Tue, 13:27: I just had cancer surgery two months ago, I'm in pain and can barely walk, and I cannot drive by doctor's orders.... https://t.co/z4d9805CYm
- Tue, 13:31: Also, they're announcing the nominees for the 2016 Hugo Awards today. I'll post when I know... 8-)
- Tue, 15:02: The 2016 HUGO AWARD NOMINEES have been announced:... https://t.co/CYydz4E4SB
- Sun, 08:19: And season six begins tonight! ⚔☠😎 https://t.co/e7PIu5S5Wo
- Sun, 08:23: Hooray for Captain Spaulding! Hooray,hooray, hooray! https://t.co/p4f1Etfi5b
- Sun, 13:20: via Peter Dinklage https://t.co/jHu0AyITyo
- Sun, 21:57: Oh, Lynati Keh... 🏻 https://t.co/iKVgjOr2Fc
- Sun, 21:58: This is, in fact, VERY cool! 😎 https://t.co/3TWGFt4pNF
- Sat, 09:24: "Dinosaur Feathers in Amber" is going to be the name of my new band... 🏻 https://t.co/kv8Cpo170O
- Sat, 09:51: This weekend and next! Make sure to go, if you can... It's going to be a great time! ⚔ https://t.co/mwGID93fs2
- Sat, 10:08: Oh, Gil... https://t.co/FgDSA526sc
- Sat, 10:26: Season six is coming... ⚔ https://t.co/XQSKo3R4rr
- Sat, 16:48: yep... https://t.co/4ZE0X15s0H